Deliciously Smooth, No Added Sugar Strawberry Cheesecake.
One of Ash's favourites a delicious smooth and creamy low fat and low sugar cheesecake that requires no baking with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg perfect for a special occassion, or after dinner treat.
This one is a real crowd pleaser and the flavours can be changed to suit everyone. Lemon, Mango, Berry, Raspberry, Cherry the sky is the limit, let your imaginations run wild and taste buds rejoice.
I have even successfully made this into a Chocolate Cheesecake with a little chocolate essence and sugar free chocolate biscuits yum!
This recipe originally came from an old Weight Watchers book from 2009 and over time I have added things and tried different variations to suit our family tastes and mood. It is truly versatile and super easy to make.
With no added sugar it's perfect for those watching their sugar and calorie intake.
Delicious Strawberries are everyone's favourite food in this house so it's always a winner! Sometimes we even like to puree the strawberries in the nutri bullet and swirl it through the cheesecake to make it into a Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake.
It does not matter how you make it or what flavour you do I can guarantee you will make it again and again.
- 175g of Voortman sugar free biscuits *see note
- 1/2 Tsp of Mixed Spice *optional, see note
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (30g) of coconut oil (you an also use butter,margarine, nuttelex)
- 2 Tsp of Powdered Gelatine
- 1 x 9g packet of Strawberry or Raspberry Diet Jelly Crystals
- 250g light cream cheese
- 500g low fat ricotta (we love the Pantalica Smooth Low Fat Ricotta from Woolworths)
- 1/4 Cup of Naturally Sweet Erythritol *see note
- 1 x Punnet of Strawberries 250g
- 400g of Low Fat/Diet Vanilla Yoghurt *
- Lightly grease a 22cm round springform tin. Using a food processor process the biscuits and mixed spice until finely chopped. Add the melted coconut oil and milk and process until combined. Press the biscuit mixture evenly over the base of the tin, refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Mix together gelatine and jelly crystals until combined and pour 1/4 cup (60ml) of boiling water over it and mix together until dissolved, Set aside.
- Using electric beaters, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, and sweetener in a mixing bowl until almost smooth. Beat in the gelatine mixture. Stir in the yoghurt and pour onto your biscuit base in the tin.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Remove cheesecake from the pan and serve or decorate with strawberries/fruit or passionfruit.
- You can use any sugar free biscuits or plain sweet biscuits if you like. I choose a biscuit to suit the flavour of the cheesecake. I normally use the Voortman Sugar Free Biscuits or Gullon Biscuits you can find at most supermarkets.
- It's completely up to you if you add in the mixed spice, we are huge cinnamon and nutmeg fans in this household, if you are unsure leave it out, it still tastes amazing.
- You can basically use any jelly, fruit or yoghurt combo you can come up with, we have a few favourites and just change the flavours to what's available we often do a Mulberry Cheesecake at Christmas or Strawberries in summer, Cherries, even frozen berries are fine.
- Powdered Erythritol is just normal Erythritol I use Naturally Sweet Erythritol but you put it in the food processer and blend until it becomes a powder and fluffy. It just mixes in better for this recipe. If you have ever had Equal or Hermestas it will look similar super white and fluffy and not so heavy and grainy.
- You can also turn this recipe into a parfait and serve it in layers in a glass with some of our Delish Vanilla Sugar Free Pudding on top! It tastes amazing.