Makes 12 Delicious Serves
This Vanilla Slice with Passionfruit Topping is the perfect afternoon treat, but it is so often high in sugar and carbs. With a few swaps you can have this sweet treat without ruining your diet and the whole family can enjoy it too!
Meaning you can definitely have your afternoon treat without the guilt.
This recipe is super easy, only has 8 ingredients and is so tasty and fluffy, I think it's better than the real thing.
I whipped this up on the weekend and we all thought it was absolutely delicious and I have been asked to make it again already!
- WW points 9 on green
- Calories 232 per serve
- Carbs per serve 16g
- Sugar per serve 2g
- 2 x sheets Pampas Reduced Fat Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence*
- 1 x packet Simply Delish Vanilla Flavour Instant Pudding Mix
- 600ml light thickened cream
Icing *see note
- 2 Tbsp Passionfruit pulp without the seeds* plus extra to decorate.
- 75g (1/2 cup) PBCO. 98% Sugar Free Icing Mix
- 60g (3 heaped tablespoons) light margarine or dairy alternative, at room temperature.
- 200g light cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees (160 fan forced)
- Place the sheets of thawed puff pastry on baking sheets and prick all over with a fork.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool.
- Beat the cream, Vanilla essence and Simply Delish Pudding Mix together using a stand mixer or a hand beater until thick and fluffy. Scrape down the sides regularly to make sure all the pudding mix is incorporated.
- To put together place one sheet of puff pastry in a square container approx the same size as the puff pastry sheet.
- Spread the cream pudding mixture onto the puff pastry and spread out evenly.
- Place the other piece of puff pastry on top, cover and place in the fridge to set.
To Make the Icing
- Place Icing Mix, Cream Cheese,Margarine and 3 Tsp of the Passionfruit Pulp into a stand mixer. Beat on low to combine, then increase to high for 5 mins until light and fluffy. Electric hand beaters can be used but may need extra time to ensuse light and fluffy icing.
- Spread the icing on top of Vanilla Slice and drizzle with the remaining passionfruit pulp to your liking.
- You can leave the vanilla essence out if you like as the pudding mix does have vanilla in it already. I would suggest trying the mixture and add to your taste.
- I used 2 frozen blocks of passionfruit pulp the size of ice cubes that I had taken out and let thaw onthe kitchen bench. Frozen Passionfruit can be purchased from the frozen section at your local supermarket.
- You could also use any sugar free icing mixes you have on hand or even leave it out altogther and just drizzle with the Passionfruit. It's up to you. You can even use different flavour in the icing or different fruits the options are endless.
- You could also use a different flavoured pudding mix, Simply Delish comes in Banana, Vanilla Strawberry and Chocolate flavour the sky is the limit!
Have some fun with it and experiment with flavours, you might come up with something truly spectacular.
My partner has requested for my next recipe to be a Strawberry Cheesecake using Simply Delish's Strawberry Flavoured Pudding Mix so keep your eyes open for that one! 💚